4th Grade Narrative Essay Topics: 20 Attention-Grabbing Ideas
Essays are the most vivid critical analysis of any incident or thing that happens around us. We have been made to write essays since our childhood. The topics has evolved with time and the so the complexities along with it. We would have always loved to write one as it would have given us the sense of being a critic. We could openly criticize anything with the mind-set that we have within us, and no one is going to stop us.
There are many format of essays form argumentative to persuasive, from expository to contrast and compare. But the odd one in it is the descriptive or the narrative one.
What is a narrative essay?
This is a form of write up where you get to describe certain incident or story in your own version. You are to talk about this entire incident in the first person basis without refereeing from any second or third person basis.
20 attention grabbing topics of 4th grade narrative essay:
- The journey to the lost city.
- The meal which I would love to have all day long.
- If I would have been a time traveller, where would I have gone?
- The weirdest thing that I have ever seen in my life.
- If I would have been an animal, what would it have been?
- If I could have been someone else for one day, whom I would have wished for to be?
- If I would have the capability to see only one colour, which would have it been?
- The one thing I would want to change about myself and why?
- The place of my dream where I would love to visit.
- The secret place at my bunker.
- The best kept secret about my life which nobody knows.
- Something I would have liked to invent.
- The weirdest incident that I have ever seen in my life.
- One super power that I would have love to have in me.
- The things that I would have done if I were invisible.
- If I would have been elected as the president of the country.
- The most beautiful thing in the world that I have ever encountered with.
- A lesson that was important for me.
- The most significant memory that I have of my childhood.
- A job that i would love to do when I grow up.
These 4th-grade writing prompts (or fourth grade essay topics) are written for students in grade four. They are free to use under a Creative Commons License.
Want more ideas? Click the "categories" tab at the top of the screen, or visit the homepage.
- Imagine that a ball rolled to a stop at you feet. When you picked it up it felt very warm and it glowed. Then suddenly... Describe what happened next.
- If you were sent back in time to the year 1895, who would you get to help you?
- What do dogs think about?
- Think of a really famous pop/rock star and then describe what you think their bathroom looks like.
- What is your favourite place to visit alone and what do you do there?
- You can see into the future, but only for five minutes. How would you use this time?
- Imagine your Grandma has a secret. She told you what it was the other day. Now write about what the secret is and how surprised you are.
- Imagine you were told to throw a dart at a wall map. Wherever it landed you had to set off for that location first thing in the morning. Where would you try and aim the dart and would be excited, or afraid?
- Should children be allowed to go to bed when they want?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?
- Imagine that whilst playing in your garden, a strange, pale child beckons you. She is dressed in really old-fashioned clothing. Describe what happens next.
- Imagine a lion has just walked into your house. Tell me how each member of your family would react!
- Do you think children should be banned from watching television? Give reasons for your answer.
- If you could design your own room, what would it contain?
- Why is it a good thing to spend some time alone?
- Find a picture or photograph and write a story about the people in it. What has just happened, or what is about to happen?
- Tell me about a TV show you liked when you were much younger. What would you think of it now?
- Write about someone who owns these four objects; a crystal ball, a small, yappy dog, a bottle of brown medicine and a red wig. Use all the items in your story.
- Write about a very trendy and very loud mother who takes her son out shopping for clothes.
- In the UK we have a Queen. What do you think she believes is the worst thing about her job?
- Rant about something that really, really bugs you. Go on; let it all out, just this once!
- Describe what might happen if one day, the moon just disappeared and did not turn up at night.
- Imagine a real fairy has just come back from a fancy dress party. She is dressed as a fairy of-course, but had powers the other people did not. Describe what she got up to.
- Using the internet, find some facts about a building you know well. Then write about it, amazing your friends and family with what an expert you have become. This is known as doing 'research'.
- Imagine a very strange planet indeed. Then describe the very strange people who live there.
- If you found some treasure in a friend's garden, should you be allowed to keep it?
- Do you think we will make contact with people from another planet in your lifetime?
- When its owners are asleep, describe what Toby the bad dog gets up to.
- What is the most stupid thing you have ever done?
- Why do you think we dream?
- What do you think makes a good friend?
- Think about your favourite movie star and imagine what they are doing right this moment.
- Imagine an elderly person joins your school class for a week â€“ describe what they would do and what you might learn from each other.
- If the world was going to end in one hour, what would you want to write in your diary? What would be your thoughts?
- Should children be allowed to climb trees, or do you think it is too dangerous?
- Write about something you can do that most of your friends cannot - like a special skill.
- Describe the special place you go to when you want to be alone. What do you do there?
- Imagine you had to appear on a TV talent show, what would you do and why?
- Imagine you and your best friend are sleeping out in a tent in the woods. In the middle of the night, you hear a really weird sound. Grabbing a torch, you unzip the tent flap and look out. Write about what you see and what happens next.
- Describe something a friend of yours really likes to eat, which you think tastes horrible. Why do you think we all like different foods?
- Pretend you are a wizard but nobody else knows. Describe how you would cast spells with anybody seeing.
- If you could be a ghost for a day, write about what you would do.
- Pretend to be an owl and describe your day.
- Close your eyes and try to remember what is in the room. Then open them and write a description of something you did NOT remember.
- Write a pretend letter to someone you no longer see, updating them about your life. You may even want to send the letter afterwards.
- Do you think you could not talk for a day? What would be difficult about trying this?
- If you could wave a wand and prevent someone talking for a week, who would you wave it at and why!?
- Describe to me some real place, or building that you find creepy.
- If you could breathe underwater, what things might you like to do and see?
- Imagine you could bake a magic cake. Write about what the cake could do.