ABA Therapist Resume Objectives
ABA stands for applied behavior analysis. ABA Therapists study learning and motivation to better understand human behavior and help people. There is a heavy focus on the autistic, especially in children, among ABA Therapists, although these therapists also help those with substance abuse problems, high aggression levels, or any other behavior related problem. When applying to join an organization as an ABA Therapist, a resume that outlines your mastery over psychology in this field is essential.
What The ABA Therapist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
At the heart of the ABA Therapist profession, or any kind of therapist, is a strong understanding of psychology and expertise is the art of counseling. These are the attributes your resume objectives should revolve around. You can expand from there by including sociology, anthropology, personal service, or interpersonal communication experience. ABA Therapists need to be able to communicate with their patient extremely effectively to make progress with them. This makes communication skills especially beneficial to include.
Sample ABA Therapist Resume Objectives
When writing your resume objectives, you should focus on what makes you a unique candidate. How will hiring you do good for the organization’s patients? You can also express your excitement to work with the institution specifically by mentioning it by name. Use these sample resume objectives to create your own:
1. Seeking the opportunity to work as an ABA Therapist with ABC Company utilizing extensive psychology and sociology knowledge and communication skills.
2. Dedicated and results-driven counseling professional looking for an ABA Therapist position with ABC Company incorporating counseling and psychology expertise with interpersonal communication and active listening.
3. ABA Therapist with two years of experience in counseling desiring work with ABC Company putting skills in communication, administration, and psychology into practice.
4. Individual seeking opportunity to transfer 5+ years experience to ABC Company with an ABA Therapist position using acquired therapy and sociology experience.
5. Looking for a position with ABC Company as an ABA Therapist that encourages interpersonal communication and values a psychology, sociology, and anthropology background.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Aba Therapist Cover Letter
Aba Therapists work with autistic children and other patients diagnosed with developmental problems. These professionals use specific techniques to help patients learn positive behavior and improve their social skills. Typical duties of an Aba Therapist include assessing patient condition, creating treatment plans, conducting therapy sessions, monitoring patient progress, reporting to parents and relatives, instructing parents on how to apply Aba therapy at home, and maintaining patient records.
A well-written cover letter sample for Aba Therapist should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Aba therapy expertise
- The ability to motivate patients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Computer literacy
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter highlighting comparable Aba Therapist abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Aba Therapist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Lees:
Upon learning of your search for an experienced ABA Therapist to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume detailing my credentials for your consideration. As an accomplished and highly skilled professional with 12+ years of experience providing support to young autistic patients across the spectrum, I am sure to make a significant and positive impact in this position.
My expertise lies in helping autistic patients from ages 6-13 through the use of Applied Behavioral Analysis principles. Assessing patient needs, reinforcing desirable behaviors, and communicating with family members are just a few of the tasks I perform each day, helping patients to overcome difficulties and stressors and improve their behaviors and social skills. Furthermore, my solid communication and relationship-building skills, along with my dedication to providing optimal patient experiences, positions me to excel in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Provided 1:1 therapy to children with autism spectrum disorders in home, community, and school settings; implemented ABA techniques such as DTT, PRT, and PECS to improve language and communication, cultivate appropriate play and cooperation skills, and enhance daily living functionality.
- Administered development assessments, tracked patient progress via graphs and data collection, monitored maladaptive behaviors, and led necessary behavior interventions.
- Collaborated effectively with parents, health providers, and school staff to encourage each patient’s treatment and improvement while building a structural foundation of support and empathy across multiple facets of patients’ lives.
- Holding a Master’s degree in ABA Therapy as well as current state licensure in Virginia.
With my expertise in ABA therapeutic techniques and autism spectrum disorders, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you and substantially benefit the lives of your patients. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
John M. Thomas